Creative Informatics presents a full programme of events, both online and in person. For the full and up to date list see here. There’s also a Vimeo page with recordings of past Creative Informatics events and information about our funded projects.
One of our event strands is CI Studios. These are regular, informal events open to anyone interested in learning more about using data and data-driven technologies for creative purposes. CI Studios provide opportunities for creative practitioners of all disciplines to explore new approaches and try working and experimenting with data and emerging technologies in a friendly, practical environment. We aim to make these as interactive as possible, and encourage peer learning and sharing of knowledge.
The list below includes details of past events along with links related to the CI Studio topics. These include tools, project examples and learning resources. This is an ongoing resource so if we have missed any good ones, please contact us using the form at the end of the page.
- CI Studios #16 & #18: Making Music with a Game BoyThis interactive CI Studio provided an overview of different DIY approaches to computer programming for creative projects.
- CI Studio #15: An introduction to coding with the BBC Micro:bitThis interactive CI Studio provided an overview of different DIY approaches to computer programming for creative projects.
- CI Studio #14: An Introduction to Creative CodingThis interactive CI Studio provided an overview of different DIY approaches to computer programming for creative projects.
- CI Studio #13: Getting started with NoCodeThis interactive CI Studio provided an overview of the ideas behind no-code to help you get started on your journey to building that innovative MVP (Minimum Viable Product) or creative project.
- CI Studio #12: Introducing BBC MakerBoxConnected Studio MakerBox is something new from the BBC, a place for you to join an online community of like-minded creators and experiment with the latest cutting edge technologies, including tools for creating interactive narratives and responsive storytelling, new ways of using voice and AI, and much more.
- CI Studio #11: Exploring Livestreaming EconomiesThis event explored how platforms such as Twitch & YouTube are offering new models for engaging audiences & monetising online performances.
- CI Studio #10: Knowing your users – understanding your customers and marketFor CI Studio 10, we were joined by market research specialists who shared their experiences of conducting user research
Contact us to suggest resources: